HOCR 55 Preview
This weekend, tens of thousands of athletes and innumerable spectators will descend on a three mile section of the Charles River for the 55th annual Head of the Charles Regatta. CBC is proud to be sending several athletes (and a number of former athletes and coaches!) to the regatta in a number of different events (see below).
If you're interested and can't make it to Boston, a live stream of the racing is available here: https://www.hocr.org/the-regatta/livestreams/ (click on 2019).
To be able to race at the Charles, your boat must either win a bid in a lottery, or meet a qualifying standard the prior year. Qualifying standards for sculling boats are top 25% of finishers in the event. Qualifying standards for sweep boats are top half of finishers.
The following is a list of CBC and friends' entries and race times:
- Tim Willsallen - Men's Veteran 1x, Saturday 8:37 am. Bow #7
- Gill Haines-Sharp - Women's Grand Master 1x, Saturday 9:25 am. Bow #12
- Marty van der Heide (5) and Drew Tennant (7) - Men's Senior Master Eights (Cornell Alumni 8+), Saturday 9:47 am. Bow #38
- Emily Rockett - Women's Master 1x, Saturday 12:36 am. Bow #5
- Cecelia Madsen (7)- Women's Alumni Eights (Cornell ), Saturday 1:22 pm . Bow #4
- Karina Feitner (recent CBC masters rower) - Women's Champ 2x, Saturday 3:57 pm. Bow #5.
- Patty Jones (recent CBC masters rower) - Women's Club 1x, Sunday 8:51 am. Bow #19.
- Cascadilla Girls' 4+ (Savannah Stuhr (c), Isabelle Zanen (s), Kaisa Mackey, Debora Hoffstaetter, and Katrina Jander)- Junior Women's 4+, Sunday 9:04 am. Bow #40.
- Cascadilla Boys' 4+ (Sara Xin (c), Wiley Anderson (s), Glen Cullings, Miles Marteal, and Larsson Wing) - Junior Men's 4+s, Sunday 11:58 am. Bow #41.
- Coach Marion Penning (2) - Director's Challenge Mixed Eights (Baltimore Rowing Club), Sunday 4:12 pm, Bow #10
Leave a Reply.