Scholarships are available for junior programs only.
To obtain a scholarship:
Determine your scholarship eligibility using the chart in the Google Doc based upon your Gross Annual income and including income as defined below.
Use the following link to view the updated scholarship guidelines:
- Determine your family size (adults and children), and total family income.
- Find the row for you family's size (i.e. two adults and two children = family size of 4)
- Move right across the chart until you come to your family's total income
- Look at the top row to see your scholarship level (i.e. no fee, 50% fee, full fee)
- Submit free/reduced lunch documentation (or another proof of income) by mail to: Olivier Zanen, PO Box 4032, Ithaca, NY 14852. Personal information will be kept strictly confidential and will be seen ONLY by the Scholastic Treasurer.
In accordance with the Department’s policy as provided in the Food and Nutrition Service publication Eligibility Manual for School Meals, ‘‘income,’’ as the term is used in this notice, means income before any deductions such as income taxes, Social Security taxes, insurance premiums, charitable contributions and bonds. It includes the following: (1) Monetary compensation for services, including wages, salary, commissions or fees; (2) net income from nonfarm self-employment; (3) net income from farm self-employment; (4) Social Security; (5) dividends or interest on savings or bonds or income from estates or trusts; (6) net rental income; (7) public assistance or welfare payments; (8) unemployment compensation; (9) government civilian employee or military retirement, or pensions or veterans payments; (10) private pensions or annuities; (11) alimony or child support payments; (12) regular contributions from persons not living in the household; (13) net royalties; and (14) other cash income. Other cash income would include cash amounts received or withdrawn from any source including savings, investments, trust accounts and other resources that would be available to pay the price of a child’s meal.